Playing with buttons is a simple and fun activity. There can be many learning opportunities for example discussing with your child- the different sizing , colours and textures.
Activities that can be with buttons
- Empty an assortment of buttons into a shallow container.
- Child/children then need to find two buttons that are exactly the same.
- On a piece of paper draw a variety of shapes and lines.
- Place buttons on the different shapes and lines to create patterns and shapes.
Pipe cleaner trees
- Sticky tape a few brown pipe cleaners to the inside of a cardboard roll.
- Thread the buttons onto the pipe cleaners. These can be the leaves.